The government of Poland, through the Embassy of Republic of Poland in Nairobi, offers scholarships partially to African students from the following country: Kenya, Burundi, the Comoros, Madagascar, Mauritius, Rwanda, Seychelles, Somalia, Tanzania and Uganda.
The scholarships only covers the costs of studies meaning that students are obliged to bear all the costs of travel that includes (plane ticket, insurance and visa fee) and living in Poland (estimated at around 400 EUR monthly).
The candidates should not be older than 24 years at the time of submitting their applications for the BA, BSc and Master or equivalent degree studies and not older than 32 years for PhD studies.
Candidates choose the subject of studies which they want to pursue out of the educational offer of the Polish public universities.
For a complete list of public higher education institutions in Poland please visit the website below:
The candidates are required to submit completed and signed questionnaire to Embassy of the Republic of Poland in Nairobi – see links below for the downloads.
Together with the questionnaire, the candidate should attach the following:
- 2 copies of secondary school certificate/diplomas
- 2 copies of transcipst of records
- letters of recommendation from 2 teachers/professors
- a copy of candidate’s passport
- any other documents confirming candidate’s other qualifications e.g. language skills, I.T skills (if applicable)
Procedure for recruitment:
The application can be mailed or submitted in person to the Embassy on Tuesdays and Thursdays between 9.30 am and 12 pm. After application submission candidates will be invited to the Embassy of the Republic of Poland in Nairobi for an interview during which their applications and qualifications will be verified.
- Announcement of the recruitment results:
Information about the recruitment results will be communicated to the candidates through email by the Embassy of the Republic of Poland in Nairobi.
- The language of studies is Polish.
- The degree studies are preceded by a year-long Polish language course in Poland in the city of Lodz (Łódź)
- Candidates that were granted the scholarship will be requested to submit to the Embassy their original secondary school certificates, duly legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country where they were issued.
- The countries included are: Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, Comoros, Madagascar and Somalia, with the exception of Mauritius and Seychelles.
- The certificates will be then legalized by the Embassy of Poland, at the cost of 30 EUR (per document).
- As the academic year in Poland starts on 1st of October, and newly admitted students have to travel there in the last days of September, please submit your national visa application on time (to avoid delays it is advised to apply for the visa in August and early September, at least a month before the planned trip). Information about documents and visa procedures can be found on the Embassy’s website at:
For more information and scholarships application details, see: Polish Government Scholarships – Scholarships in Poland for International Students