Daniel Pearl Foundation Fellowship Program is a Journalism Fellowship founded in partnership with Alfred Friendly Press Fellowship with the aim of bringing foreign journalist from around the world including Africa who are very passionate on Journalism to work for a period of six months in US newsroom.
The program calls for mainly all north African journalist – Algeria, Egypt, Libya, Morocco and other countries like Sudan, Ethiopia and Tunisia.
Eligibility Criteria For The Foundation Fellowship Program:
- Journalists who are citizens of Muslim-majority countries;
- Current full-time employment as a journalist for the news or editorial departments of independent newspapers, magazines, wire services, or online publications of general public interest;
- At least three years of full-time professional experience as a journalist;
- Early to mid-career status and between 25 and 35 years old;
- A demonstrated personal commitment to a career in journalism;
- Ability and desire to share what is learned on the fellowship with other journalists at home;
- Endorsement from the management of the home news organization;
- An excellent command of both written and spoken English as all activities are conducted in English.
Objectives of Daniel Pearl Foundation Fellowship Program
- To provide the fellow with experience in reporting, writing, editing, and editorial decision-making that will enhance future professional performance;
- To expose the fellow to the technological changes that are occurring in the industry;
- To enable the fellow to gain a practical understanding of the function and significance of the free press in American society;
- To transfer knowledge gained on the program to colleagues at home;
- To foster continuing ties between free press institutions and journalists in the United States and their counterparts in other countries.
The fellowship covers all costs of program-related international and domestic U.S. travel, health insurance, and provision a monthly stipend for basic living expenses.
Follow the links below for detail and application:
For more information on the application see: Daniel Pearl Foundation Fellowships