The Master of Public Health Scholarships Program – The Queen Elizabeth Diamon Jubilee Trust MPH – CEH Scholarship is founded to aid in support of students from African Commonwealth countries who desires to becomes Master of Public health(through community eye health track) in order to strengthen the capacity of prevention of blindness activities in Africa,
Who are meant to apply:
The scholarship is designed for people from African Commonwealth who are applying for the MPH-CEH and who also meet the outlined academic criteria.
Academic Criteria: The requirements for admission to the degree are :
- An approved degree in medicine or a health profession other than medicine with at least a four-year degree from a recognised university;
- Or an approved honours or equivalent non-medical four-year degree from a recognised university;
- The attainment of at least a C-grade pass in higher grade senior certificate mathematics or a recognised equivalent;
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
Application Requirements: The application should be accompanied by –
- A covering letter, in the applicant’s own hand writing.
- A curriculum vitae.
- Copies of academic transcripts.
- Either names and contact details or letters of reference from at least two academics who have taught, supervised, or worked alongside the applicant.
- Eligible and complete applications will be considered by a scholarship selection committee comprising two persons from UCT (the convenor of the MPH and the convenor of the MPH-CEH track) and one person from the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (the convenor of the MSc Public Health for Eye Care).
MPH Conditions for selection:
Successful applicants will be required to :
• Register for full time study in the Faculty of Health Sciences
• Comply with the University’s approved policies, procedures, and practices for the postgraduate sector.
Successful applicants may not hold other scholarships concurrently.
Application should be submitted electronically before 31st July
Contact Details for Submission of Applications and for Enquiry:
Applications and enquiry should be submitted to Chervon van der Ross (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For more information and scholarships application details, see – Master of Public Health Scholarships for African