The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) provides scholarships in Germany for international students for a range of postgraduate courses at Universities in Germany. The scholarships aims at providing academically inclined young professionals room for advanced personal and career development with the hope extendinfg this developmental skill in their countries.
Level of Study: Masters degree
Course of Study: Economic Sciences/Business Administration/Political Economics; Development Cooperation; Engineering and Related Sciences; Mathematics; Regional and Urban Planning; Agricultural and Forest Sciences; Natural and Environmental Sciences; Medicine and Public Health; Social Sciences, Education and Law; and Media Studies.
Value of the Scholarships:The scholarships include monthly payments of 750 euros for graduates or 1,000 euros for doctoral candidates; payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover; and travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding.
Duration:The scholarship duration is 12 to 24 months (depending on the particular institution) ) and 36 months for PhD.
Eligibility: The applicant should
• Be Working either for a public authority or a state or private company in a developing country and, as such, is engaged in the planning and execution of directives and projects with emphasis on development policies having a bearing on technological, economic or social areas.
• Holds a Bachelor’s degree (normally four years) in a related subject.
• Has completed an academic degree with far above average results (upper third) and ideally at least two years of related professional experience after the first degree (bachelor).
• His/her academic degrees should normally not be more than six years old.
• For study courses in German (scholarship includes a 6-month German language course): Successful passing of the language examination DSH 2 or TestDaF 4 before the start of the study course. Therefore a minimum German language level of B1 at the time of application is a requirement, that needs to be proofed by providing a certificate.
• For courses in English: IELTS (Band 6) certificate or TOEFL (minimum score: 550 paper based, 213 computer based, 80 internet based)
All applications must be made directly to the respective course. For clarity purposes read the 2020/2021 brochure. Deadline for submission of the application varies depending on the course but falls around August-October 2019.Deadline varies depending on the course but normal end around August-October 2019.
It is important to read the and visit the official website to access the application form and for complete information on how to apply for this scholarship.
For more information see Official Scholarship Website