The aim of the Victoria International Excellence Scholarship (“the Scholarship”) is to recruit high-achieving undergraduate international students currently studying in New Zealand to Victoria University of Wellington and to support them in their studies.
Scholarships will be competitive on the basis of academic merit. The majority of these scholarships will be awarded at $20,000 over three years of study
Country of Study: New Zealand Institution/ University: Victoria University of Wellington
Application Deadline: 10 November 2018 Level of Study: Undergraduate
Victoria University is one of New Zealand’s oldest and most prestigious tertiary institutions with a proud tradition of academic excellence. Learn more about our 115 years of rich history.
ictoria University of Wellington
$20,000 over three years
All recipients of the Victoria International Excellence Scholarships are guaranteed an offer of a place in one of our Halls of Residence,provided an accommodation application is received by the Accommodation Service by 1 October.
Undergraduate courses at the university
Applicants must be:
• international students who have completed at least one full year (ie. their Year 12 year) at a New Zealand secondary school
• Enrol full time in the applicant’s first year of their first undergraduate degree
• Complete NCEA Level 2 or 3 with Excellence or equivalent
• Complete the online application available from the link below.
• Provide a reference from your School Principal or nominee.
• Attach a one-page personal statement, explaining your reason for wishing to attend Victoria University of Wellington, the academic goals you hope to achieve and why you believe you merit the scholarship. You should also include any leadership positions and details of your involvement in your school or community. Please provide an outline of your personal circumstances, including details of financial difficulties. More infomation may be requested if necessary.
Go to the official website for more information about the scholarship