The Pan African University is a project of the Heads of State and Government of the African Union. It is a Premier continental university network whose mission is to provide quality postgraduate education targeted towards the achievement of a prosperous, integrated and peaceful Africa.
Academically enthusiastic students who wishes to further their education are invited to apply to join for Masters or PhD degree programmes at any of the following four PAU institutes listed below.
Benefits of joining PAU:
- Excellent programmes taught by world class faculty;
- A wide network of academic and professional partners on the continent and beyond;
- Attractive scholarship scheme – Joint degree awards from the Pan African University and its Host Universities;
- Excellent career prospects in some of the fastest growing industries, with relevant career guidance.
Requirements for Application For Masters Program:
- Undergraduate degree from a recognized university,with at least a second class upper division or its equivalent, in a relevant field;
- Certified copies of relevant certificates, transcripts (from university and high school),National passport (personal details page);
- Clear colored passport size photograph(2cmx2cm);
- Detailed CV and Recommendation letters from 2 Professors.
- A letter of motivation justifying why you want to pursue your study in the Pan African University;
- Maximum age of 30 years for male and 35 years for female applicants.
- Candidates may be required to undergo a written/oral examination after pre-selection.
- Candidates for the Master in Conference Interpreting and Translation programmes are required to have excellent knowledge of at least two of the African Union’s official languages (Arabic, English, French and Portuguese).
Application Requirements for Doctoral Programs:
- Masters degree in a relevant field from PAU or any internationally recognized university;
- Certified copies of relevant certificates, transcripts;
- Copy of Passport (personal details page);
- A 3 to 4 page research concept note (tentative title, research questions, objectives, significance of the research etc);
- Recommendation letters from 2 Professors;
- Clear colored passport size photograph (2cmx2cm);
- Detailed CV and a letter of motivation justifying why you want to pursue your study in the Pan African University;
- Maximum age of 35 years for male and 40 years for female applicants.
The African Union Commission will offer full scholarships to the successful African candidates.
Method of Application
Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
Scholarship Application Deadline: June 28, 2019.
Applications received after this deadline will not be considered.
Further enquiries can be made through: email@example.com.