The Rhodes Scholarships are postgraduate awards designed to aid academically inclined and exceptional students at the University of Oxford, United Kingdom (UK).
Who to Apply:
Students from Australia, Bermuda, Canada, China, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Israel, Jamaica & the Commonwealth Caribbean, Kenya, Malaysia, New Zealand, Pakistan, Southern Africa (including South Africa, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Namibia and Swaziland), Syria, Jordan, Lebanon and Palestine (SJLP), United Arab Emirates, United States, West Africa, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Level of study:
Applicants are opportune to study any full-time postgraduate degree at the University of Oxford.
Number of Scholarships:
Rhode Scholarships applicants are opportune to 95 Scholars each year
A Rhodes Scholarship covers:
- All University and College fees – these include the University application fee, a living stipend of £15,144 per annum 2018-19, one economy class airfare to Oxford at the start of the scholarship and one economy flight back to the student’s home country at the end of the scholarship.
- The basic tenure of the scholarship is two years.
Rhodes Scholarship applicants must satisfy the following to be eligible.
- Citizenship & residency: Each applicant must fulfil the citizenship and residency requirements of the Rhodes constituency for which they are applying. See country link for verification.
- Age: Age limits vary between constituencies and range from a minimum age limit of 18 to a maximum of 28 by 1 October of the year following selection. In most constituencies, the age limit is 24 or 25. Please check carefully the specific age requirements for your constituency before applying.
- Education: All applicants must have achieved academic a strong standing to assure completion of a bachelor’s degree by the October following election. Academic standing must be high enough to ensure admission to the University of Oxford, which has very competitive entry requirements, and to give confidence that Rhodes Scholars will perform to a high academic standard in Oxford. Individual constituencies may specify a 1st class or equivalent.
All applicants for the Rhode Scholarship should read the information about the Scholarships in thecountry-specific page to read the application criteria, eligibility requirements, and deadline specific to their country.
Applications for Rhodes Scholarships open during the spring and summer of the preceding year. Deadline varies per country but is around July-October of the preceding year you wish to study.
For further information see official scholarship website.