Australia Awards Scholarships for students are long-term awards administered by the Australian Government through the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
The Department provides Australia Scholarships opportunities for students from developing countries. It gives chance to undertake full time undergraduate or postgraduate study at any of the participating Australian universities and Technical and Further Education (TAFE) institutions.
Level of Study: Undergraduate or Postgraduate Degree Programmes
Targeted Countries: Citizens of one of the participating countries in Asia, Pacific, Africa, and the Middle East.
Benefits of Australia Awards Scholarships:
The scholarships’ benefits generally include:
- full tuition fees,
- return air travel,
- establishment allowance,
- contribution to living expenses (CLE),
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC),
- Introductory Academic Program (IAP),
- Pre-course English (PCE) fees, etc.
The scholarships are offered for the minimum period necessary for the individual to complete the academic program provided by the Australian higher education institution, including any preparatory training.
To be eligible to receive a Scholarship, applicants must:
- Be a minimum of 18 years of age at the time of commencing the Scholarship
- Be a citizen of a participating country (as listed on the Australia Awards website) and be residing in and applying for the scholarship from their country of citizenship
- Not be married, engaged to, or a de facto of a person who holds, or is eligible to hold, Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency, at any time during the application, selection or mobilisation phases and not be current serving military personnel
- Not be a citizen of Australia, hold permanent residency in Australia or be applying for a visa to live in Australia permanently
- Be able to satisfy the admission requirements of the institution at which the award is to be undertaken
- Be able to satisfy all requirements of the Department of Immigration and Border Protection to hold a Student Visa.
All interested students applying for Australia Awards Scholarships are required to apply online through the scholarships’ website provided by the Australian Government. The link to the website is provided here for easy access.
Deadline varies per country. The deadline for most countries is 30 October.
For further information see Australian Awards Scholarships.