The French Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs offer the Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Program to international students. The scholarships is to enable French higher education institutions to attract top foreign students to enrol in their masters and PhD programs.
The scholarships targets international students of up to 30 years old from all developing countries for Master degree and up to 35 years for PhD degree. It aims to create future leaders and foreign decision-makers who will be able to make great impact in the private and public sector of their area of study.
Sponsoring Institutions: French Universities and Academic Institutions.
Level/Field of Study: Master’s degree programme, in an Engineering programme, or in a PhD programme (in a cotutelle or joint doctoral thesis supervision, in partnership with a foreign higher education institution) in four major fields:
- economics and management;
- engineering sciences at Masters’ level, sciences in the broad sense for the Doctorate/PhD level (engineering science; exact sciences: mathematics, physics, chemistry and life sciences, nano and biotechnologies, Earth, space and environmental sciences, information sciences and technologies and communication);
- political sciences
Eligible Countries: International Students.
For your interest see:
Benefits of French Government Scholarships
For Master’s level studies, the Eiffel scholarship includes a monthly allowance of €1,181 (a maintenance allowance of €1,031 and a monthly stipend of €150) and can be awarded for 12-36 months. For PhD level studies, the Eiffel scholarship includes a monthly allowance of €1,400 and is awarded for a maximum of 12 months.
Also, the programme meets various expenses including international return trip, national and local transport, health insurance, and cultural activities. Scholarship holders may also receive an additional housing allowance, under certain conditions.
- This programme is for candidates of non-French nationality. Candidates with two nationalities, one of which is French, are not eligible.
- For master’s level, candidates must be not older than 30 on the date of the 2020 Call of Applications, that is, students born after March 1989. At PhD level, candidates must be not older than 35 on the date of the 2020 Call of Applications, that is, students born after March 1984.
- Only applications submitted by French educational establishments are accepted. These establishments undertake to enrol scholarship holders on the course for which they have been selected. Applications submitted by any other means shall not be considered. Furthermore, any candidate nominated by more than one establishment shall be disqualified.
- Scholarships are for students wishing to enrol on a master’s course, including at an engineering school, and for PhD students. The Eiffel Programme does not apply to French-run master’s courses abroad.
- When pre-selecting non-French-speaking candidates, establishments must make sure that their language skills meet the requirements of the relevant course of study. Students undertaking a course of study abroad take priority over those already living in France.
Applications are NOT accepted from students directly. Applications for EIFFEL scholarships are submitted by French Higher Education Institutions. You must apply and meet the requirements of the French Higher Education Institution in order to be considered for the scholarship.
Application Deadline: 9th January, 2019.
For more information and application see French Government Scholarships For International Students.