Chevening Scholarships are the UK government’s global scholarship programme. It is funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organisations. The programme offers awards to outstanding students with good leadership skill from around the world to study for a master’s degree in any discipline at any UK university.
Benefits of the Scholarships
A Chevening Scholarship covers the following:
- University tuition fees,
- Monthly living allowance,
- Travelling airfare to the UK, and
- Additional grants and allowances to cover essential expenditure.
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country.
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your scholarship has ended
- Have an undergraduate degree that will certify your entry into a post-graduate programme at a UK university
- At least attain an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK
- Have at least two years’ work experience
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 11 July 2019
- Meet the Chevening English language requirement by 11 July 2019 either by taking an English language test or claiming an exemption based on the UKVI exempt categories
Deadline: 6 Nov 2018 (annual)
Course commences: Sept/Oct 2019
For more information on the scholarships see links