The Global Leaders Fellowship is for incoming graduate students (master’s and doctoral) at the George Washington University. The fellowship is intended for GW graduate students who will be future leaders in their fields in their home countries upon their return to their countries of origin to apply skills acquired through their formal education during the fellowship. The fellowship program is made of three(3) scholarship awards.
Masters and Doctoral programs under the following schools offered at Foggy Bottom campus :
- College of Professional Studies
- Columbian College of Arts and Sciences
- Elliott School of International Affairs
- Graduate School of Education and Human Development
- School of Business (Executive Education program is not eligible)
- School of Engineering and Applied Science
The Scholarship is targeted for students from the following countries or regions:
- China (PRC)
- Eastern Europe
- Latin America
- The Caribbean
- Sub-Saharan Africa
- U.S.S.R. Successor States
Benefits of the Scholarship
- The scholarships covers funds for books, living, and other expenses, and must provide certification of this support.
- The Fellowship is renewable each year for a maximum of three years for Master’s candidates and up to five years for doctoral candidate.
- Application is eligible for Students holding or intending to apply for an F-1 visa and who are from the following countries or regions: China (PRC), Cambodia, Eastern Europe, Laos, Latin America, The Caribbean, Mongolia, Sub-Saharan Africa, U.S.S.R. Successor States, Vietnam.
- The fellowship is for students who have not studied or worked in the U.S. or other countries except from their home country.
- Applicants must have a certificate Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a minimum score of 600 on the paper-based exam or 100 on the internet based exam, or an IELTS overall band score of 7.5 (with no individual band below 6.0).
Deadline: 8 February, 2019.
For more information see the links provided on this platform.