Australia Awards Scholarships, provide Australia Scholarship Opportunities for students from developing countries. It gives chance to undertake full time undergraduate or postgraduate study at participating Australian universities and Technical and Further Education (TAFE) institutions.
Level of Study:
Undergraduate or Postgraduate Degree Programmes that are related to your country’s priority areas for development which are listed on the participating country profiles.
Citizens of one of the participating countries in Asia, Pacific, Africa, and the Middle East.
The scholarship benefits generally include:full tuition fees,return air travel, establishment allowance, contribution to living expenses (CLE), Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC), Introductory Academic Program (IAP), Pre-course English (PCE) fees, etc.
The scholarships are offered for the minimum period necessary for the individual to complete the academic program provided by the Australian higher education institution, including any preparatory training.
To be eligible to receive a Scholarship, applicants must:
- Be a minimum of 18 years of age at the time of commencing the Scholarship
- Be a citizen of a participating country (as listed on the Australia Awards website) and be residing in and applying for the scholarship from their country of citizenship
- Not be married, engaged to, or a de facto of a person who holds, or is eligible to hold, Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency, at any time during the application, selection or mobilisation phases and not be current serving military personnel
- Not be a citizen of Australia, hold permanent residency in Australia or be applying for a visa to live in Australia permanently
- Not be applying for another long‐term Australia Award unless they have resided outside of Australia for twice the length of the total time that they were in Australia
- Have satisfied any specific criteria established by the Program Area or the government of the applicant’s country of citizenship (e.g. having worked a certain number of years in an appropriate sector)
- Be able to satisfy the admission requirements of the institution at which the award is to be undertaken
- Be able to satisfy all requirements of the Department of Immigration and Border Protection to hold a Student Visa.
Check the open and close dates for your country, and select your country of citizenship/residency from the list of participating countries for specific information on eligibility, priority areas and how to apply.
Deadline varies per country. The deadline for most countries is 30 April.
For more information see Australian Awards Scholarships