The University of British Columbia is pleased to partner with MasterCard Foundation Scholarships Program to provide the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Masters’ Degree Program at UBC to students from Africa.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholarships Program is a 10-year global initiative designed to develop skillful leaders who will contribute to social and economic development.
Candidates are given deep rooted support through advanced learning opportunities that equip them with knowledge, skills, and values needed to succeed in making great economy impact in there various communities.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program worth over £5000 covers all expenses associated with UBC tuition, housing and job allowance.
Candidates are also to receive a stipend each month to support their lives in Vancouver.
- Applicant must have completed a Bachelor’s degree and is a citizen of and have lived a significant part of their life in a Sub-Saharan African country;
- Lack financial support and be able to show inadequate financial means from family or other sources to pursue graduate education in their home country or elsewhere;
- Have achieved academic excellence under difficult circumstances, and show leadership qualities or potential;
- Demonstrate an interest in and commitment to giving back to his/her home community in ways that enhance the economic growth and social development of Africa, through engagement in activities in their current profession, university or community;
- Commit to returning to Africa immediately after graduation from UBC in order to apply their training and skills to the betterment of others.
- Be applying for a Master’s degree in one of the following Faculties and programs at UBC’s Vancouver campus
Masters Courses offered for the Scholarship:
Faculty of Forestry
- Master of Science (MSc)
- Master of Applied Science (MASc)
- Master of Sustainable Forest Management (MSFM)
- Master of International Forestry (MIF)
- Master of Geomatics for Environmental Management (MGEM)
Faculty of Land and Food Systems
- Master of Food and Resource Economics (MFRE)
- Master of Food Science (MFS)
- Master of Land and Water Systems (MLWS)
Faculty of Education
- Master of Educational Administration and Leadership (EDAL)
- Master of Higher Education (HIED)
- Master of Education in Science Education (SCED)
Faculty of Medicine
- Master of Public Health (MPH)
Faculty of Science
- Master of Data Science
Deadline: Application must completed and submitted by 9th November, 2019.
For more information and application see the Masters Scholarship in Canada For African Students.